If you are looking for more ways to improve your house or make it more attractive to potential buyers, remodeling your kitchen is a sure way to do that. A functioning, beautiful kitchen can be the center of your home. In other words, this particular space in the house is used very often. Indeed it can be a place for entertainment and long-lasting memories. A nice kitchen is a sure way to increase the price of your home. Therefore we wanted to do a quick overview of the basic remodel costs and what is a good remodel.
To cut it short, before we dwell into it deeper…an average kitchen remodel will cost around $25,000. Still, it really depends on the house, the size of the space, and what you plan to do. Our suggestion is to have at least $10,000 pocket to start any project in the kitchen.
The location of your house can also impact the cost. Homes in more rural areas can usually do remodels that will cost less. In case you have a home in a more urban metropolitan area, the cost can really skyrocket. In addition to that depending on the size of the remodel the price will vary!
Therefore let’s go through some of the kitchens remodels you may be planning. From the small ones to the bigger ones.
How Much Does A Small Kitchen Remodel Cost?
Some low-cost things can be done to improve the overall look and feel of the kitchen. Getting new appliances is always a good way to freshen up space. You need to understand that this is easy but it can be costly. New appliances will cost a lot but this is a sure way to make money back, as new appliances will have an impact on your house value. Some remodeling options can be DIY and for some, you may need a contractor, but as said this type of remodeling will cost you upwards of $15,000. These will include:
- New countertops that can change the space immediately and depend on what material you get the price will vary. Per square foot nice ceramic tiles can go from $5 to $30 and they will look modern enough. Natural stone will cost you upwards from $10 to $50. You can get creative with these and are great for DIY people.
- A fresh coat of paint is one more DIY project that will change the way of the kitchen. This is a great way to enhance the look of the kitchen and to improve the value of the home. Depending on the paint you choose, it may cost you upwards of $1,000 to do a smaller kitchen. This project can also be done fast.
- New tiles can also be a game-changer. If you have a bigger surface with tiles, you may need a contractor for this job. There are some classic looks that are cheap and will work in more homely as well in modern kitchen remodel setups. This will cost you from $0.70 to $3 per square foot. With the contractor work, it could come out at $1000 to $1500.
In the event that you want to do a more serious kitchen remodel you may consider doing the following remodeling options:
- Switch out the layout and get new cabinets. If you really want to go out you may consider changing the layout of the kitchen and maybe some new elements. Some things can hurt the value of your home, and a not functional kitchen maybe that. If you need to cut costs you may consider getting the same cabinets but with a new coat of paint. Think can your kitchen become smarter and easier to navigate.
- Get a kitchen island if you have space for it. With the layout switching, a kitchen island is an excellent way to improve the kitchen. This can cost all from $300 to $5000. After all, this can really change the look of the space and you may get a cheaper option with just the base cabinets and countertop that will do. If you want to install water and electricity on the island, that will indeed cost more.
- Countertops mean all the difference. If the old ones are not modern and sleek looking you may want to seek out a stone countertop to really give the house that exclusive look. Even if you can’t get stone ones, something like a laminate countertop can look really nice if you choose a nice and modern design. Expect to spend at least $2000 for this and more for the installation if you go with the price options.
Big kitchen remodels options include opening up spaces of your home and connecting the dining hall with the kitchen. Open spaces are a great way to improve the value of your home easily if you can get the space open in the first place. This can pull in the cost of getting custom-made cabinets and kitchen elements too. So plan carefully and think ahead of how you want to use your space.
One more thing that is currently popular would be a big pantry space. This can greatly improve the odds of your house being sold if you have a dedicated space for future cooks. Getting high-quality appliances is also on the list, if you really want to splurge on those, get a top-line stove and fridge first as those as the first things that come to attention. Lighting is also very important and if you spend enough on the lights, it may prove very useful. Some simply led strips and nice lamps can really make the whole space looking different.
In summary, if you want to remodel your kitchen, there is work to be done. Tim from gordonbuyshomes.com also tells us that you need to be aware that a remodeled kitchen, that is up to modern standards can really make a home. For many, this is the place where they could spend most of their time. Think that you may be able to get more than the half of money you will spend.
One more tip that we can add always plans money for added costs or accidents that may arise during the remodel. Especially if you are doing DIY projects, always be ready for something to go wrong or that you need to spend more.
So with that, happy kitchen remodeling!